6/19/2006

A New Week, A New ...

There are so many quilts in progress here that the solution was obvious: start a new one! These are the first three blocks for Black Bird Lane from The Rabbit Factory:



Now wouldn't you think that there would be lots of fabrics to choose from for this quilt from this lovely fabric collection:



Well, there are some nice ones but not enough for one this scrappy. So I had a ball choosing fabrics Saturday at the LQS. Thanks to Kathy for her great help in choosing fabrics. She is planning to make this quilt herself and had chosen the fabrics for hers and it was all in her head. She showed us the central portion of one of Lori Smith's Christmas applique quilts that she is making, one of those really intricate ones, and it was just gorgeous. Her hand applique stitching is absolutely invisible.

Have some really heavy-duty household work to do these next few weeks, and I really resent having to spend time on keeping the house together rather than quilting but it must be done.

6 comments:

KC Quilter said...

Darn it, I think I'm going to have to look for that pattern! Love your palette.

Unknown said...

The black looks so effective on those blocks - very nice :o)

Gail said...

I have more than my share of UFOs, and here you go tempting me with another great one. I really like your fabric choices. Which LQS? So glad that so many bloggers are getting some quilting done- I haven't even gotten near the sewing room, so I live vicariously through your postings, until I get back there again.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sweet kitty you've got. Love these blocks - great rich colors.

Darlene said...

Just discovered your blog - beautiful work. I just discovered the Blackbird Lane pattern recently and it's drop dead gorgeous - I'll be looking forward to your progress.

Jeanne said...

And I'm also a Lori Smith fan ... you are a bad influence on me!
Jeanne :)