2/17/2008

Emails from College

over a period of months, which to a mother is like years:

[mother emails son]: Hi, Timmy, how have things been going? How is college? Haven't heard from you in awhile. This is your mother. Love, Mom

.....silence.....

[mother emails son]: Hi, Timmy, are you there? How are your grades? What's been happening? Email me. This is your mother. Love, Mom

.....silence.....

[mother voicemails son]: Hi, Timmy, this is your mother. Please call and let me know how you're doing. Are you still enrolled in college? Love, Mom

.....silence.....

[must insert here that we did finally meet up for a Sunday dinner, during which I raved about Johnny Depp and Sweeney Todd; soon thereafter, son emails mother]: Hi, Mom, I am fine. Here is a Venn diagram of the viewer demographics for Sweeney Todd:


He certainly understands what I find funny :-).

7 comments:

MARCIE said...

Your son is hilarious! Glad you finally heard from him!

Julie in the Barn said...

That graphic from Timmy is exactamundo! I haven't seen the Depp movie but saw Sweeny Todd many years ago on stage. Not so much gore & blood & guts. Hard to do with live peaple on stage, I guess. Much easier using special FX & computer graphics. Anywho...much thanks to you & Timmy for the morning chuckle.

Rose said...

I'm spreading the love around today, bloggy love that is, so I've posted about your lovely blog today. I get a chuckle out of your posts!!

Have a great day!!

Marilyn Robertson said...

I love musicals, but was afraid of the gore with this Johnny Depp movie. I figure if I wait for the DVD I can enjoy the songs and fast forward past the gore. Would that be possible? A good thought anyway!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Too funny!

Jeanne said...

I love your posts on emails to Timmy in college! The star blocks are all wonderful, too.

blackbird said...

I think Timmy and Middle would get along very well.