10/17/2010

Cats at Work and Last Les Fleurs Show and Tell

Jack and Rembrandt continue to monitor Stray Cat:

Stray Cat's extreme eyes make me think of that Night on Bald Mountain creature in Fantasia:

Don't even think about it, Rembrandt:

Devil Cat.

Ar, going right for the skull.

I had to move the chair.

update on the Bernina 930: The Bernina-Fixer made a house call; he worked on the 930 for 2-1/2 hours and I got to watch the whole time. The Bernina never had to leave the house. It was all very interesting. He said that the machine has been used very little over the years but was kept serviced, so it's in dandy shape. He was not able to loosen the handwheel, however. He said at first, it's probably the bearing (uh oh, thought I), but then said, no, it isn't that, it would be making a noise in that case. Otherwise, it is running so beautifully and I am just thrilled.

Last Les Fleurs Show and Tell:







My long-time email friend Betty's son, Reid, has Hodgkin's. He is in between treatments just now and is in a lot of pain; his cat Ashely, is keeping him company. If you would like to leave a comment on Betty's blog, I know she would appreciate your good thoughts.

7 comments:

Karmen said...

Silly kitties! Beautiful Les Fleurs! Karmen

Gretchen said...

Look at Rembrandt channeling her inner great cat. Everything must be rearranged for the kitties--oh how true. Love the Les fleurs blocks.

MARCIE said...

Foiled again! I am sure Rembrandt is off to find something else to attack.
These blocks are all so wonderful! This will be an out of this world quilt!

Karen said...

beautiful, beautiful blocks!
That pattern is on my someday list...
I've always loved it.
Karen

Lori said...

Your les fleurs blocks are wonderful!!!

Aren't kitties fun! hahaha Always into mischief.

Libby said...

Rembrandt - you naughty kitty *s* I'm sure it seemed like a good idea . . . . in the moment.

Barb said...

bad kitty - I always say bad, but with a twinkle in my eye and a grin on my face, cause they are usually so cute when they are bad...
sorry to hear about your friends son.
your applique looks lovely - such pretty fleurs.