9/04/2010

Les Fleurs: a lot of it together

Another picture of Little Miss Stray, who so far won't let me pet her (or carry her off to the vet); isn't she adorable? Incredibly slanty eyes and really big ears. The poor thing has a limp, although it was worse several weeks ago, so maybe it will get a bit better:

And of course Miss Kissy-Toes needs no introduction:

Thanks to multi-tasking during Day Job Duty, I finished the last regular Les Fleurs block (I moved the parts around, added a vase, and deleted a few fronds):

Then, filled with (as I told a friend earlier this morning) steely determination, I did the next six lengths of sashing (having resorted to machine applique in complete desperation since I have so much else I should be doing) necessary to allow assembly of the regular blocks:

I can't believe this thing is pretty much together. The very wide piece of applique that goes across the bottom has yet to be made. Now it's off to other Quilting Activities. What a Les Fleurs Relief!

15 comments:

MJinMichigan said...

Wow! That quilt is beautiful The sashing really adds to it. I've had the pattern for a while and hope to get to making it someday.

Karen said...

I am drooling!

Libby said...

Such deliciousness! I cannot imagine such an undertaking . . . I bow to you *s*

Jeanne said...

Oh, I love it even more. That sashing is perfect!

Jo Morton said...

What a sweet Little Miss Stray, she is lucky you are there in case of need.
Of course always love seeing pictures of Rembrandt, who looks like she still has claws, I'm sure she is gentle with them.
And 3rd - your quilt is gorgeous - especially one of the sashing fabrics.
:-)
Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!
Jo

antique quilter said...

its looking great, I am happy to see you worked on it today!
Kathie

Betty said...

I can actually pet one of the ferals now...much to my surprise. All it took was cat treats. I went out one evening and sat on the back step and started throwing them over to him. Within a few days he came closer and before I knew it he was eating them out of my hand. Then I touched him and at first he freaked out, but now he likes it! Today he started rubbing up against my legs. Buy some cat treats and shake the container before you give him any. He'll learn the sound and come running.

buttonsagain said...

karen...that is simply fabulous...forge onward my friend...hugs...bb

Gretchen said...

Little Miss Stray looks so regal on the patio. Rembrandt looks tired--too much quilt helping? Les fleurs is magnifique!!!!! The sashing is incredible.

Karen said...

the kitties are adorable and your Les Fleurs quilt is Gorgeous!! I can't wait to see it when it is done- you will share of course?
Have a wonderful weekend
Karen

Loris said...

Wow! Those sashings really add interest. Looks wonderful! and those sweet felines look beautiful. Hope you get to pet the stray one soon.

MARCIE said...

Stunning! That just says it all. Your fabrics and toiles are perfect! The sashing gives me shivers. Is it really all hand appliqued? I seem to remember when you bought that green triangle fabric. It is perfect.

Taryn said...

Miss Stray needs to wise up. I keep hoping a stray will show up for me since that's the only way I am going to convince the DH that I didn't go and get one myself. Rembrandt has it made.

Micki said...

That quilt is just stunning! What a lovely job!
Micki

Julie-Ann said...

It is so beautiful and worth all of your hard work and determination.