8/23/2008

Thank Yous All Around!


Rembrandt (looking quite cerebral here because he has been improving his mind through reading) wants to thank you for all of your wonderful comments on the first post on his blog; how kind you all are to take the time to leave ideas and good thoughts for his reading assignment! Thank you all. He made his own first post just now:

Well, Rembrandt may be having fun at school, but these past few weeks have been the most ghastly work-wise of my life. I guess I've indicated before that I'm not happy in this day job of mine. No need to go into details but just wanted to say that in the midst of all of this misery, first I realize how nice so many of you have been to leave comments for Rembrandt, which warms my heart, and THEN a gift package arrived in mail from PEG!!

I simply could not believe it. This was a gift for completing (some!) of the Finish Five by the end of July Challenge, which I totally enjoyed in itself. These gifts were wrapped in the floral fabric at bottom right, which I absolutely adore in itself and must use for something. Two Australian quilt magazines, one even with a hot mitt! I adored looking at those magazines. Need I mention that the Choccy Snakes, which I had never heard of in my life and are chocolate-covered jelly bellied snakes, disappeared right away? What a great snack. And look at all the fabrics! I love them all and think they will go beautifully into Dear Jane blocks with plenty to spare for other things. And Vegemite.....Vegemite....now I've never had Vegemite before and will try it quite soon :-) . Peg, Peg, you absolutely made my day with your generosity and I thank you!
Oh and look at the cool Australian stamps!


4 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Make sure you only spread the vegemite thinly. It is far better to start off with just a little bit - a smear will do. (it's not like peanut butter). Hope you enjoy it - but I've found that usually it is an aquired taste. From a true Vegemite kid.

MARCIE said...

Cool stuff! Way to score! I noticed you didn't have a problem trying the chocolate!

Libby said...

What a treat . . . can't wait to hear what you think of the Vegemite *s*

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Karen, thankyou so much again for all your kind words..I am so pleased you enjoyed your treats, and yes spread the vegemite thinly...but if you want a real treat put both peanut butter and vegemite on fresh bread, and squish it together... now that is yummy...take care and thanks for taking part in the challenge....xx