1/26/2007

Two Messages

So, Amy, I'm sure you have seen this site, eh? Cats Who Quilt: Where Quilters and Cats Meet on the Web

Barbara, loved hearing from you on the previous post, what a small world here on the blogland, yes? I've read your class description in the past and was interested, but I can't take day classes. Your email is "no reply" so no way to answer you but right here: your Big Stitch quilts are fantastic. Ha! How neat that we did the red log cabin centers the same way...can you send a pic of yours? Does this mean that you made the log cabin strips 1" wide like I did? Good hearing from you, Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

karen...yes my centers are one inch finished and i cut my logs 1 1/4" so they would finish at 3/4" wide....
and i used the hattiesburg large paisley in black for the back and intend to bind it in a dark color.....i am big stitch quilting with a variegated pearl cotton in shades from light coral to chocolate brown....yes i will email you a photo of it as soon as it is finished...
i can't wait to see your quilt finished...i love the the golds in the corners....(and about the fabric that you used in the block in the middle row on the left...i just bought some of that...it is my new favorite fabric)....my email address is buttonsagain@aol.com......

The Calico Cat said...

Yeah & I own several of those patterns... I did not get the book though.