1/08/2007

Longarm #2

I went back twice to my friend's house to do some longarming on this sampler quilt:



Brutal Reality paid a visit as I discovered that freehand feathers and meandering are quite easy to do compared to other longarm stitcheries. I spent yesterday taking out a section that was quite nasty. Whew, glad to get that out. I did the quilting in a pretty pearl grey thread; absolutely love how it goes with the smoky stripey sashing. Now it's time to do some stitch in the ditch on my home machine on the patchwork blocks. Think Progress.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Lucky you to have such a generous friend. If I had a longarm I'm not sure I would let anyone touch it. Your quilting looks pretty good to me. Is that what you ripped out?

tami said...

I agree, very generous friend. You are making me want a longarm so bad :o(

Libby said...

What a treat to be able to try out the machine set up and test out different stitches.

The Calico Cat said...

Cool, your feathers are very nice!

Melanie said...

I can tell by your writing you are having so much fun...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow you are doing wonderful on the long arm! It looks great!