8/12/2006

Two Free Yards


Well, for goodness' sake. I was just beginning to thrash around in my stash to see if I have a good fabric to bind this quilt with (my son made the blocks along with me in the LQS BOM a few years ago...he hated it by the way...I don't know what he thought it was all going to be like but I made him finish them once he started), and I had little hope that I would find anything that would work, when the cell phone began to beep. It's my only phone and there hasn't been reception at the house (or indeed in a good portion of my neighborhood) for years -- used to work just fine. There was a faint reflection of one bar so I tried listening to the message and, garbled though it was, I think I heard the LQS telling me that my name was picked as one of the alternate BOM block winners and I heard that lovely phrase "two free yards". Or maybe it's one. Anyway, I'm going to drive back and pick out some binding for this quilt. Hooray!

I showed the Folk Art Applique quilt top at Show and Tell this morning and everybody just loved it. The other Show and Tell was also a quilt top only and was very pretty. I should really start taking a camera to BOM.

Bonnie and Lucy, have a wonderful visit!!

6 comments:

Melzie said...

Yay congrats :) Have fun! xoxo melzie

Gail said...

Terrific! congratulations - free fabric, what could be better?

Hanne said...

Good going on the show & tell :-)
Congratulations on the fabric prize !

ForestJane said...

Two free yards!

I could live with getting a call like that. How come most of my calls are from telemarketers?

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love that patriotic quilt. Someday maybe your son will love that quilt though! It will bring back fond memories for him that right now not his thing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.