Well, ladies, I fell off the NoBuy wagon on Saturday, I may as well tell you, and in shame I removed the NoBuy graphic from my sidebar. The plan is to buy no more for the rest of the month, but this occasion was a Farewell to Summer visit to the LQS since it is not very handy to reach at any time and now that I'm on my work schedule again, I can only get there on the occasional Saturday, most likely only for the monthly BOM. So I'm sort of on a LowBuy for the Year plan rather than monthly LOL. But that is good for stash reduction and my checking account. I needed a few spools of basic color Aurifil thread, a few Clover white marking pens (if you haven't tried this pen, it is a dream come true for marking on dark fabrics, see pic further down), and some FQs for this pattern that I've been wanting to make forever from my Pattern Stash :-) :
Here's the pattern:
Does anybody happen to know which fabric is in the borders, the one with the green background? I believe it's a Moda and I can find fabrics that are almost identical but don't think I located the same one yet. I just do not have anything in my stash that is right. Maison de Noel and Faded Memories both have fabrics that are very close, but this pattern is older than those lines.
I'm so happy, I have all 12 blocks from Folk Art Applique close to completion, just have the last two to finish up as you see, and all of these fabrics are from stash; in fact, one thing on the list for the Farewell Visit was to look for a few colors that I didn't have for the last two blocks but they weren't at the LQS either, so I just kept on struggling with trying to match colors from stash as I did throughout these twelve blocks and I think they look fine even though I kept feeling I was compromising on some of the colors:
I'm hoping to finish up those last two blocks today and perhaps even get them all sewn together today; I don't have enough of the background black for the strips in one length so am hoping to piece the outer borders from the remaining stash. Also if you can see those two small blocks in the front, those are the start of 70 swap blocks for the Jo Morton list, all to be done from my Jo Morton stash collection. I didn't have a light Jo Morton, though, for the central part where the signature goes, so I tried using Color Remover on two fabrics, thus and thus:
and got some background colors. Not as light as I would like, but okay.
Thank you all for your supportive comments re last post about my painted floors; oh dear, it's just hard to even think about but I did want to say thank you for your kind thoughts.