8/08/2006

Do-Over


Oh arrrrrrrr, tried to machine applique the border vine, it is ugly, it is worse than ugly I have to rip it oooooout. Because I have no more black fabric so must salvage this. Too bad I can't rip out stitches in my sleep so I wouldn't have to be around while it's happening.

Thank you for all of your kind words re the quilt. It looked so much nicer before I stamped on that vine. jpquilter, I would dearly love to see the photo of the Morning Glory fabric if you don't mind sending a picture; I'm still trying to identify the fabric. Just love these internet hunts. Amy sent me some links and it was very close but the flowers were roses rather than the flat open flowers that are in this pattern. jpquilter, you are another who has your email sent to "no-reply"; if you'd like to change it, you go to your Profile, then Edit Your Profile, then put a checkmark by "show your email address".

So I'll be ripping for the next three hours as I cry into my Diet Coke. Bye bye.

8 comments:

Patti said...

Oh Karen, what a pain - I'm so sorry! What is it you don't like about it - the fabric you used? Or did it shift when you were stitching?

Linda C said...

awwww, Karen--I'm sorry. The work is not hard but the re-work sure is.

Juliann in WA said...

thanks for telling my about the email - I will go to blogger and get that changed and will also take a picture of the fabric tonight

Nines said...

All part of the process... and really, get a good movie in and it'll seem a whole lot more constructive. Thanks for visiting me in Indiana. Come back, anytime!

Hanne said...

If you use the ripper on the "stem" of the L, from the back, you should be able to pull the rest out from the front, without to much sweat. Don't ask me how I know ;-) You will be more happy with it taken out. It was not very good looking.
You have put in so much work on the blocks, so you wil be more happy doing this by hand too, even it it takes more time.

The Calico Cat said...

have fun, not! But you will be happier when the CHORE (should be a 4 letter word) is done!

Finn said...

Hi Karen, so sorry to hear that you needed to call in "Jack the Ripper" to help un-sew your quilt top. Never a happy moment. It will be worth the effort tho...just hang in there! Hugs, Finn

Darlene said...

Oh Karen I hope it didn't take forever to rip out the challenge you encountered. I feel your pain! Beautiful quilt!