8/29/2006

Blended Girl, and Angels for Lucy

Thank you for your comments on Lincoln's Platform. You all are so supportive and make blogging so much fun!! More blocks to come soon in more color groups.



Lucy asked for some photos of the angels in front of the log cabin quilt; I adore these angels. They were in a booth at the Yellow Daisy Festival years ago, which is one of the top-rated craft shows in the country, and is held in Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta. I went into "I found a treasure" mode when I spotted these cute angels wearing their antique quilt top dresses made of such cute fabric, and asked the craftswoman, "now are you sure these are all you have left with this fabric? absolutely sure??" :-). Great fabrics, don't you think?

And I've been wondering; when you use Bloglines or, sorry, it's early and I forget the other notification service, you can't match a comment to the post, can you. I wish Bloglines and others would list the date of the post along with the comment.

Here is one of my alternate BOMs for LQS.

16 comments:

Hedgehog said...

She's so cute.

I'm having trouble with Bloglines. :(

Juliann in WA said...

I can see why you bought all the angels they had - they are wonderful - now I want one :)

Patti said...

Ooohhhh . . . I'd give my eye teeth for one of those angels. I love them!!!! Not sure what you mean about the comments and bloglines. I get a notification from bloglines that a blog is updated. I click on the name of the blog. The blog opens and I can read the posting and all the related comments. Nothing seems to be disconnected. It works beautifully for me.

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those angels are adorable! I especially love the middle one! What a marvelous find!

Not sure I understand what you want to do in bloglines. Sorry.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, those angels are to die for! Wonder if the crafter has a website?

Libby said...

The angels are just as sweet as can be. I can see why you just had to have them.

Bloglines has been a little stubborn with me. While it does show updates, it may be a day or two after the actual post. Hopefully it will sort out.

Darcie said...

Oh, you did find some treasures, Karen! They exude so much character!

Linda C said...

those are so precious and so if your LQS block!

Darlene said...

I looked at all three and tried hard to pick a favorite - couldn't do it - they are absolutely wonderful. And, they are so YOU!

Carol said...

I love your angels...they are just wonderful. What treasures they are. The quilt is wonderful as well.

Jenni said...

I'm having trouble with the photos on bloglines. In this post I could see the BOM but not the angels.

Judy said...

Love the angels and the doll block!

I have the item clicked that allows an email notification for each comment and that helps me know which comment goes with each post.

Hanne said...

Your blocks for Judy's quilt looks gorgeous.
The angels are adorable.

ForestJane said...

*laughing*

omg, I have a friend at my quilting guild who has a face EXACTly like that top angel... lol

And your platform blocks are coming along just great!

Anonymous said...

I Love these neighborhood girls with the aprons...so cute.