4/09/2008

Block Sets; One Helps with Stash Reduction


Everybody in the Little Quilts' Jo's Little Women night class (there are three sessions now) was simply astounded as we began to look through our packet of swap blocks last night. Each and every one is so gorgeous and delectable. Just look at these. I can't think how I will assemble them. I do like the very dark Jo "little faces" fabric with them. But I just don't know. My photo was taken in haste and does not show how pretty they are; enlarge it, though, that helps.

Having Anina's Dear Jane tutorials to work along with was just too good an opportunity to pass up, so I finally began Dear Jane blocks after thinking about it for years. I am armed with my Dear Jane ruler set and Dear Jane software. These are so much fun to make I can't believe it. This will be such a good stash reduction measure ("tall oaks from little acorns grow"), because I will get every piece from stash.

16 comments:

KC Quilter said...

The palette of colors in your swap blocks is just amazing!!! The are all so beautiful. Can't wait to see how you use them.

rlbates said...

Just beautiful!!!

Paula said...

Very pretty blocks.

Karen said...

They are wonderful!! I have a small quilt shop in my cabin now and want to offer Jo's classes as soon as I can get going! You inspired me!! I too am a newbie! Just got my book and things...visit me if you want at inthesewingbasket.blogspot..I am Kari..really my name Karen too but my hubby calls me Kari so I put in on as my quilters' name! why not?! Love Primitive too...Kari

Libby said...

I wanna come play at your house *s*

Anina said...

So very, very pretty!

Erin said...

OH how nice!! I want to move near you!! we do not have Jo Morton here..in NH have fun with DJ too!

Karen said...

Beautiful set of blocks from the Jo Morton Club. I belong to our local Club and it's so much fun to make the little quilts that Jo has designed.
I like the idea of block swapping.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Finn said...

You're right Karen, they are gorgeous! I love each one! Hugs, Finn

YankeeQuilter said...

So pretty. thanks for the photos.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

WOW what beautiful blocks!! Great Job, Mary

Val said...

I just love your blog. I am just learning to quilt and am loving it. I just hope I can learn it all. Thanks for sharing.

Nines said...

So many beautiful things here to see and be inspired by!

Marilyn Robertson said...

What fantastic blocks! Have fun with your Dear Jane blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts about them!

Robin said...

Your Dear Jane blocks are glorious! I love the array of fabrics. :) It looks like it will be a lot of fun deciding how to assemble those swap blocks too.

claire said...

mais uce qu'ils sont beaux tes blocs , j'aime tout les couleurs