7/21/2006

Hiding from the Heat


Sweet Jack joins me for a sewing session as I bind the embroidered birds wall hanging.

It's completely finished, even down to the label. A cornerstone turned out very crooked and surprisingly I had the willpower to remove the binding and seams in that area and correct it. I'm so glad I did.

This is the fourth block in the Lori Smith Folk Art Applique quilt pattern.

The latest Gooseberry Patch catalogue showed the cutest quilt with large yo-yos. I love the idea so much, with even bigger ones. Here's my version with yo-yos on 4" blocks.

So has everybody seen the October issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, with its "new look" as it says on the cover? According to "from the editor", they really took readers' wishes into account. Lots more examples of alternative version quilts by Laura Boehnke; how cool is that? They're also beginning to include details on ideas for quilting the quilts in the issues instead of the usual "quilt as desired".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that applique block. It would look great made with wools. I like the basket quilt too. Great fabrics.

Darlene said...

I can't wait to see your yo-yos. I saw the quilt you're referring to in the Gooseberry Patch catalog - oh so cute!

Juliann in WA said...

Your applique is beautiful - love the fabrics you used. Hope you and kitty are keeping cool.

Judy said...

Very beautiful, all of the pieces. You mean this October's magazine? I haven't gotten that yet, so hopfully soon! I'm dying to see.