12/12/2011

December

Mercy, we're almost half-way through December already, and Christmas rapidly approacheth.

I have had this in mind throughout the year while making the Civil War blocks, and I believe I will give this quilt to Timothy. I have no idea if the somber colors will look dull to him since he is color-blind, but I think the historical aspect of the quilt will interest him along with the several printed artifact sections on the blocks. Meanwhile, BB CW #50:

We have a big evening tomorrow night at Vintage Design Group. Each of us will talk about a certain type of fabric, then we will each go home with a sample of each fabric type as a souvenir.

I worked on the 6th and final edit of my book last week, and now it gets a final correction and heads off to the Kansas City Star printer. Publication is scheduled for February. It is such a strange feeling to think that I can't make any more changes on it even if I wanted to! The book is just beautiful. More on that later.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I know you have to be very excited about your upcoming book. I am anxious to see it.
And, you bad girl. Your last post was about the Needleprint online jigsaws. I think you have turned me into an addict. Where are the Online Jigsawers Anonymous meetings held? LOL!

Lori said...

Congrats on the upcoming book!! YOu must be getting excited.
I'm sure Timmy will love the quilt- and it will keep him warm!

mereth said...

Yes, congratulations on the book, what an exciting time this is. What will be the easiest way to get it in Australia?

Libby said...

Of course Timmy will love this quilt! Everything about it will be just delicious.
And a big congratulations on your pending publishing . . . I can hardly wait to add it to my library *s*

Jeanne said...

I'm sure Timothy will love the Civil War Quilt! Boy, the year flew by so quickly. Congratulations on your upcoming book. I'm looking forward to it.

Me and My Stitches said...

Congrats on your new book - can't wait to see it!