12/26/2011

BB CW Quilt: Fini

I am so fond of these blocks and the setting with the blue plaid on the bias and the gray weathered fabric for the border.  I gave this to Timothy for Christmas and he really likes it, especially the printed pictures.  Once I get it quilted, I hope there's enough blue plaid to bind it with as well.  Again, a hearty thanks to Barbara Brackman for posting this incredible series!
I still haven't figured out what to put in the four empty signature areas in the corner blocks, though; help!!

The last two blocks: 


I actually emptied two clear plastic boxes with the completion of this quilt, hooray!  It's nice to have a quilty finish in the closing days of the year as we tend to think about what we have gotten done during the year and contemplate what we would like to finish in the next and what new projects might evolve.

10 comments:

Lori said...

It is no wonder Timothy liked it- it is fantastic!!

Karen said...

You kept up with making the blocks all year long. Good for you. And quickly got it put together.

Betty Lou said...

Wonderful choices for your sashing and border. I'm sorry to say that I have collected a big tote full of CW fabrics since I started. Hope there is another quilt-along so I can use some of these pretties. Check out Temecula Quilt Co's 12 day mystery---you will get a laugh, but it won't get rid of the stash.

Gretchen said...

I just love your quilt! It is just fabulous. So happy that Timmy liked it. I am still behind a couple of blocks.

Donna di Natale said...

Beautiful! I suggest that you write something in the blank signature blocks. A favorite saying. A short poem. You name, when, where, and why you made the quilt.

MARCIE said...

Wow! Great finish! You are my hero! Awesome.

Lisa said...

Fabulous! I can't believe you have it all put together already! Love your sashing and border fabrics.

Vivian said...

Wonderful steady work on the quilt. Love the sashing fabric. I'm not surprised that Tim likes it.
I would use the 4 corner blocks as Donna suggested above -- fill in the spaces with 4 important facts you'd typically put on a label -- who, where, when, why--or whatever you want. Who and when, for sure.
Well done!

Sharon said...

This turned out amazing! Love your choice for sashing...I need to get caught up now that Christmas is over. Your quilt is an inspiration...this has been a fun BOW to work on.

Jeanne said...

It's gorgeous! Timothy should be very pleased with his gift. Happy New Year, Karen.